About Me

My photo
I'm here to promote irresponsibility and endorse carelessness. I'm old enough to know better and young enough to still be reckless. I'm originally from the U.K but have spent long periods of time living abroad and travelling abroad. In all honesty I find the western world too clinically clean and sterile. How can anything thrive in such a sterile environment? My last six years have been spent stagnating, trying to fit into the social norm. I can't. I'm not normal and strange as it sounds, I'm proud of that. My sense of disconnect to something greater was depleting, so, I'm doing what I do best. Falling through life. I have no plans for the future, so lets see if the future has plans for me.Apart from that, I'm a bloke. I'm single, after all who the f@#k would put up with me? I enjoy adventure sports like paragliding, rock climbing, mountain biking and a little bit of caving. I generally make an effort to not to care less about life in general. https://steemit.com/@carp100

Blog Archive

Translate

Wednesday 21 December 2016

The wheels spinning but the hamster's dead.

Blog 26

The view was amazing. Spew everywhere. It was shooting out of my face so hard it was catching the sides of my mouth and spraying into my hair. 
My arse was doing an impression of a Karcher jet wash. I could have cleared moss off a driveway with it. 
It was inevitable,food poisoning is, when you're travelling South East Asia. 
It's just a matter of when and more importantly where's the nearest toilet. I've only just shaken my cold off and now this. Luckily, it only lasted about half a day. The rest of the evening and through the night I just laid there, sweating thick grease. 
I could feel it dribbling off my chest like little insects running across it. You will all be pleased to know that I'm much better now, thank you and sorry for my lack of descriptiveness, it's quite early in the morning and although my eyes are open, the wheels spinning but the hamster's dead. My trousers are intact though. So that's a bonus.
Anyway, enough of this filthy, explosive talk. 
I'm now in Pai. It used to be a small hippy mountain village but now it's quite different because of the huge influx of tourists, such as myself. Yes, there are quite a few people with long hair or dreads wearing the obligatory baggy Thai type trousers and an ethnic patterned hippy bag but it doesn't have a authentic hippy feeling to it. 
It is chilled out though. I'm on the other side of the river which is nicely out of town and does have a nice relaxed feeling to it. The views of the mountains surrounding Pai is quite beautiful in the morning with a mist hanging low in the valley. Quite mystical. I will probably hang out here for a bit, sort my visa out and as soon as that's done I will be off to Myanmar. I've only heard good things about it apart from, expect to get food poisoning. So at least I've got a head start on that one. 
I wouldn't mind checking out some walks around here and maybe some wild camping, as I haven't hardly done any and I'm feeling a bit guilty about that. I had ideas in my mind of what this journey would be like but if you read through my blogs you will see how I've turned out to be a total bloody hypocrite. 
Oh well, at least I'm enjoying it. 
Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment