About Me

My photo
I'm here to promote irresponsibility and endorse carelessness. I'm old enough to know better and young enough to still be reckless. I'm originally from the U.K but have spent long periods of time living abroad and travelling abroad. In all honesty I find the western world too clinically clean and sterile. How can anything thrive in such a sterile environment? My last six years have been spent stagnating, trying to fit into the social norm. I can't. I'm not normal and strange as it sounds, I'm proud of that. My sense of disconnect to something greater was depleting, so, I'm doing what I do best. Falling through life. I have no plans for the future, so lets see if the future has plans for me.Apart from that, I'm a bloke. I'm single, after all who the f@#k would put up with me? I enjoy adventure sports like paragliding, rock climbing, mountain biking and a little bit of caving. I generally make an effort to not to care less about life in general. https://steemit.com/@carp100

Blog Archive

Translate

Saturday 26 November 2016

Go wrong,to long in Koh Rong,prt 2, a super moon and a spooky Mexican,

Blog 20

We took what we needed to take and I downed a couple of beers. It helps with the transition as the veils fall away, allowing you to easily break through the fine membrane that separates realities. As Hilary Clinton and I were coming up, so was the biggest super moon in living memory. The sky over Koh Rong was clear as it pushed its way, with confidence, through the starscape While it was low in the night sky it was truly impressive. 
Noticeably larger than usual and the most beautiful peach colour. Hilary and I were feeling rather peachy too but we where just slightly higher in the sky. We wandered off, along a tree lined track in search of the full moon party. Now, sometimes, you just have to be an adult about some things so Hilary and I had already got our faces painted up with glitter by some pixie girl on the beach. 
So there we where, Hilary Stardust and Aladdin sane, floating off down the track following the distant drum beat.
It was still quite early on and the party was only just starting to warm up. We mingled, feeling, and slipping into the vibe. I felt a rush run through my body like someone had poured warm water in the top of my head and it had run through the inside of me. My fore arms had a sweaty, chubby feel to them. My stomach felt tickled with excitement. My lungs felt warm, watery and I could feel them wanting to breathe in deeper than usual. The calves of my legs gave slight pleasant spasms. I knew they had developed a mind of their own and wanted to move independently. Who can blame them. Then the inevitable beads of sweat broke out on my top lip like a salty moustache. Three... two... one... Whoosh. The next thing I know is that I'm in deep conversation with someone I've never met before. The conversation was beautiful, very intense but totally positive and we couldn't agree with each other more. On every subject. And probably covered most subjects. At the same time as this was happening, my arms decided to take a leaf out of my legs book and were slowly weaving and rotating as if trying to unscrew themselves at the elbow. The bottom half of my body looked like it was treading grapes. Oh well, it looks like it's having fun. Leave it be. The night carried on with many beautiful encounters dispersed with allowing my body to wander off in search of more grapes to tread. At some points I would walk off into the warm sea, the ripples around my legs shattering the reflection of the stars into a myriad of new universes. My toes working their way into the sand as if experiencing the sensation for the first time. If my toes could giggle there would have been bubbles of laughter popping on the surface of the water. Palm trees in my peripheral vision, I looked up at the night sky, the moon, the distant silhouette of another island and sighed a deep, long contented sigh. 'I'M HERE'. I thought.
As the night wore on other things wore off and just as the sky was turning deep royal blue (Gods warning sign of the onslaught of morning) I found myself lying on a bamboo platform just observing. Perfectly content, just observing. 
The night sky had an overlay of sacred geometry spread across it. It had meaning to it. There was a secret hidden in it. Many travellers, like many people in general are heavily tattooed but the tattoos on these cats were like nothing like I'd seen before. They emulated the geometry of night sky. Then like a dream you try to hold on to upon waking, the tattoos dissolved and the bodies either followed suit or just dissolved into the darkness beyond my vision. I'm still not too sure which. It was at this point that the big Mexican guy with his oversized sombrero stood up from under the palm tree and started walking towards me. 'How long has he been there?' I thought as he to dissolved a little more with every step, in front of me. The veils were being drawn closed again. Farewell my Mexican friend maybe we will meet again.
I fell asleep in a hammock outside a closed bar. I closed my eyes and plummeted into blackness. I awoke, more dishevelled than usual, paint and glitter smeared across my face. I was now surround by customers, who in all honesty had probably seen it all before. I was so wasted that I couldn't care less, anyway. I got up, stumbled into the toilet of the bar, had a slash and wandered to my dorm to recover. When I woke up later that evening my bed looked like a Christmas card made by a five year old. It was covered in glitter and sand............... Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment