About Me

My photo
I'm here to promote irresponsibility and endorse carelessness. I'm old enough to know better and young enough to still be reckless. I'm originally from the U.K but have spent long periods of time living abroad and travelling abroad. In all honesty I find the western world too clinically clean and sterile. How can anything thrive in such a sterile environment? My last six years have been spent stagnating, trying to fit into the social norm. I can't. I'm not normal and strange as it sounds, I'm proud of that. My sense of disconnect to something greater was depleting, so, I'm doing what I do best. Falling through life. I have no plans for the future, so lets see if the future has plans for me.Apart from that, I'm a bloke. I'm single, after all who the f@#k would put up with me? I enjoy adventure sports like paragliding, rock climbing, mountain biking and a little bit of caving. I generally make an effort to not to care less about life in general. https://steemit.com/@carp100

Blog Archive

Translate

Friday 4 November 2016

'You've given me too much, you stupid, rich, tourist dickhead'.


Blog 12



As I was leaving Siem Reap today I thought I had better treat myself to another Tarantula just in case I don't come across any for a while. My bartering is improving. I got one tarantula, one scorpion and a bag of crickets for a dollar. The crickets are tasty and have a bit of lemon grass and chilli mixed in with them. They do have a slightly pissy after-taste, weak ammonia. Unlike the wonderful grasshoppers I had today. I got an old bus from Siem Reap to Battambang today. I don't know the age but it did have a very 1970's feel to it. No big deal, it was only a four hour ride. We stopped half way at a bus station and there was an old-.ish lady with a large pan of grasshoppers. One tin can full for 2000 riel (40 pence-ish). (enough with the ishes). Again, these were served with lemon grass and chilli and thrown in a plastic bag. Fantastically tasty and honey sweet. I would, honestly have them over tarantula. just be careful with the skinny ends on the back legs. Possible choke hazard  Best not give the legs to young children, old people (who would be better off with crickets. Something to blame the pissyness on) or little kittens. Haven't been in Battambang long enough to give a decent opinion but I feel good here. I bought some rambutan fruit from a lady on a market stall. I over paid her by 1000 Riel. She handed me back the money, saying in Cambodian 'You've given me too much, you stupid, rich, tourist dickhead'.I saw a Buddhist  monk today, dressed in his orange robe, smoking his cigarette, talking on his mobile. Om Mani Vodafone.
speechless.




No comments:

Post a Comment