About Me

My photo
I'm here to promote irresponsibility and endorse carelessness. I'm old enough to know better and young enough to still be reckless. I'm originally from the U.K but have spent long periods of time living abroad and travelling abroad. In all honesty I find the western world too clinically clean and sterile. How can anything thrive in such a sterile environment? My last six years have been spent stagnating, trying to fit into the social norm. I can't. I'm not normal and strange as it sounds, I'm proud of that. My sense of disconnect to something greater was depleting, so, I'm doing what I do best. Falling through life. I have no plans for the future, so lets see if the future has plans for me.Apart from that, I'm a bloke. I'm single, after all who the f@#k would put up with me? I enjoy adventure sports like paragliding, rock climbing, mountain biking and a little bit of caving. I generally make an effort to not to care less about life in general. https://steemit.com/@carp100

Blog Archive

Translate

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Bloody double bugger,"Right that's it"

Blog 14


I've lost everything lately. I lost my mind on Otres beach. I lost my dignity at the village. I lost my soul on Koh Rong (it was last seen floating off towards the biggest ever super moon). I hope it's alright. 
But most of all, I lost my sandals! The problem is that I can't remember my steps to retrace them. What a bugger. They were nice too. Leather. Yes they were too big for my feet but that just stopped me from stubbing my toes. Now they're gone. Maybe my soul is wearing them. If so, give us 'em back, yer bastard and get back in my body! 
So, I waited five days.... shoeless, hoping they would turn up. It hasn't happened yet. So, the next logical step (scuse the pun) was to buy some flip flops. Yeah, right. Flip flops are only worn by masochists with strange shaped toes. I paid three dollars to walk like a goose with gout. 
I gave up after about twenty minutes and just carried them in my hands to show people that I actually am posh and do own footwear. You see, over here only the poorest of the poor have no footwear...... well them and lost boy travellers. Anyway, I lost my bloody flip flops within twenty four hours! I  mean that's just  abusing  irresponsibility. on the way to Koh Rong.. Bloody double bugger. Right that's it, I thought. You don't deserve anymore footwear Your just gonna have to live with it. So there you have it, no soul, no soles. But don't you worry. I'm creating my own reality, so I created Nichole, a Scottish chick, who is very cool and she donated me her flip flops. I don't wear them but I do keep a good eye on them.
Devlin had a bottle of vodka in his hippy briefcase. Devlin is from Wyoming. I don't know where the bag was from but it probably had a story to tell. Who doesn't. By the time we arrived at Sihanoukville we were all loaded. It all started early that day with breakfast of herb and beer soup wrapped in a cigarette paper. We fell out of the tuk tuk as the driver, traditionally, pushed a big bag of buds in our face, informing us that only he had the very best. Wow, what a coincidence because so did the last driver. We did the international sign language of  'No thanks, already sorted' by tapping the bulge in our pockets and winked at him. Wilting buds in hand, he watched us drift into the nearest bar and promptly order iced water and health juices..................Nah, that was the table next to us. When a jug of good cold beer is $0.50 you don't hmmmm and haaaa too much about what you're going to drink, hey. ( there is a tiny, little, cute cricket on my screen at the moment). So we kicked back for a while, having to put up with frustrations like wiping condensation off our beer glasses and looking at palm trees that were too lazy to even sway. They didn't need to. 
We were doing it for them. Because we're considerate like that. Then the boat to Koh Rong arrived. 
But that's a different story.
Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment