About Me

My photo
I'm here to promote irresponsibility and endorse carelessness. I'm old enough to know better and young enough to still be reckless. I'm originally from the U.K but have spent long periods of time living abroad and travelling abroad. In all honesty I find the western world too clinically clean and sterile. How can anything thrive in such a sterile environment? My last six years have been spent stagnating, trying to fit into the social norm. I can't. I'm not normal and strange as it sounds, I'm proud of that. My sense of disconnect to something greater was depleting, so, I'm doing what I do best. Falling through life. I have no plans for the future, so lets see if the future has plans for me.Apart from that, I'm a bloke. I'm single, after all who the f@#k would put up with me? I enjoy adventure sports like paragliding, rock climbing, mountain biking and a little bit of caving. I generally make an effort to not to care less about life in general. https://steemit.com/@carp100

Blog Archive

Translate

Monday 24 October 2016

I sometimes think mother nature would enjoy listening to death metal.

Blog 8


Hiya, been without internet. We're without water at the moment as well. 
We had an amazing thunderstorm the other night. It was so unbelievably loud, and the lightening rather than being fork, was blanket, which lit up an eerie and sharply silhouetted panorama. Everything seemed more animated. It was as if the trees had nearly been caught out mid stride and were acting frozen just long enough for the flash to dissipate . Sometimes it was brighter than day. On some of the more intense flashes I felt an urge to turn away, as if witnessing an atomic explosion. It felt so violent and electrical that it didn't seem natural. It felt like an intimidating show of power. The amount of water that fell out the sky defied belief. The noise of it hitting all the corrugated tin roofs sounded more like gravel being shovelled on to them. It lasted until the early hours. 
10/10 for audio and 10/10 for visual and no CGI in sight, unless you believe in the simulated universe theory. 
I hired a bike and cycled to Don khone. The typical 70's style girls bike with the basket. After walking everywhere, recently, it felt like time travel. 
You cross from Dondet to Don Khone over an old, arched bridge. If I remember correctly, it was for the railway from the French occupation. I carried on to Somphamit, which is a pretty cool waterfall mixed in with a set of surging, snaking rapids. I worked my way, rockhopping, down to a set of rapids and sat next to them just to feel the energy, which again, was loud, violent abandon. 
A powerful display of 'don't F**k with me. Don't even get in my way'. I sometimes think mother nature would enjoy listening to death metal.
Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment